While searching through my computer files the other day I noticed there were a lot of things that could be deleted. Lots and lots! My computer is basically symbolic of my entire house – somewhat disorganized with lots of unnecessary stuff. Please don’t judge me; I have other talents.
There is one folder on my computer titled Files from Previous Computer. When I purchased my first Mac I had them transfer all the files to my new computer. That is what the Apple genius labeled the folder holding all the previous files. I have rarely glanced at it, which makes me wonder exactly why I felt compelled to save them? But seriously, I can only make so many decisions at a time and clearly I’d used up my brain waves choosing the new computer.
Though this folder was filled with a lot of useless information some of it made me laugh and in my book laughter is never useless. I found a PDF coupon for the Amazing Grace Café in Duluth . . . . that expired in 2014. I’ve never even been to that restaurant! And then there was the document labeled “Printing Emails” with typed out directions on doing just that. My mom had needed help with that one day and I guess I thought I should save a copy in case she asked again.
The thing that really cracked me up, though, was a Word document from 2008 titled 25 Things About Me. I have no idea why I wrote it, maybe to keep up with the current Facebook craze or something silly thing like that.
I won’t bore you with the whole list – that would be a bit narcissistic, but I couldn’t resist sharing a few little bits of information that I’m sure you are dying to know. Ha!
Keep in mind; this list is seven years old but it seems some things never change. I like to think that maybe I’ve “improved on them!”
- I love to read novels but only allow myself to do so on vacation. Otherwise nothing gets done. – I no longer have this rule. What’s so important that doesn’t have time to wait anyway? Except Jesus – He’s important!
- When I have an upset stomach, root beer always helps. – While I still consider Root Beer a reasonable second choice, Dr. Pepper is my “go-to” relief nowadays. I mean he’s a doctor after all!
- I love to snorkel, and if it’s in the Great Barrier Reef, even better! – Still true!
- Other than the ocean, I think Banff, Canada is about the most beautiful place on earth. – This was written before I went to Switzerland but still, it’s a tough choice and it’s cheaper to go to Canada.
- I hate to exercise but I do it anyway. – Still true. Still hate it. Still do it anyway.
- There are three foods that have the potential to make me gag. Peas, pickles and kidney beans. – This is also still true but unlike exercising, I do not eat them anyway.
- There is nothing better than a Broadway musical. – I’m fortunate that John enjoys them as much as I do but he doesn’t appreciate it when I jump up on the side of the fountain and start singing as we leave the theater. And by “jump” I mean climb up slowly. Okay, truthfully I quit doing this. It’s dangerous!
- I love wedding cake. Really, really love wedding cake. – Despite my gluten intolerance this is still true. Totally worth the cheat! But, if you’re going to have one of those new “bare cakes” with only enough frosting to hold it together please let me know in advance so I can deal with my disappointment privately.
- Despite what my husband might tell you, I did NOT major in talking, I have a degree in Communication. – It’s just I communicate best when I’m talking!
- I’m fairly certain chocolate is a vegetable. – Well duh!
Do you have any little quirks that make you you? I say embrace them! And please, do share in the comments!
Until next week – be blessed!